[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 12:55:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Eric Talevich <eric.talevich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Scanning the biopython-dev mailing list archives, it appears that either the
> CVS-to-SVN migration either stalled out during the past year, or the
> discussion about this migration went someplace other than the mailing list
> and wiki.

There have been some off list discussions with the OBF guys who look
after all the servers etc about the logistics doing the migration, and
when might suite them.  Having all the OBF projects moved from CVS to
SVN will make life easier for them (BioPerl etc have already moved).
I was actually about to chase that up...

> I did, however, find another page for the project on Launchpad (
> https://launchpad.net/biopython), apparently started a few years ago by
> Jonathan Taylor and abandoned. I didn't see any discussion of it on
> biopython-dev around that time.

I guess that was some 3rd party, I don't recall this being discussed here.

In terms of other tools, several people here are interested in git,
and git and SVN can be made to work together.  Hopefully getting
Biopython from CVS to SVN will make things easier for them.