[Biopython-dev] code credits

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 12:14:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> So, how about a merger of (1) and (3)? i.e.
>
> * The CONTRIBUTORS file remains a single alphabetical list
> of all contributors to date (no change).
> * Entries in the NEWS file for new features etc may continue
> to credit authors as appropriate.
> * The NEWS file will include at the end of each release section
> an alphabetical list of contributors for that release (with new
> contributors flagged). This will be re-used in the release notice.

I've done that in github - how do the NEWS and CONTRIB file look?

http://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/86d8d99aab894ab5f32a0e7a0c45d63a441da645

I haven't automatically included email addresses for the new contributors
since there is a risk of them being harvested for spam, so I figure that
should be "opt in".