[Biopython-dev] code credits

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:23:39 UTC 2009

Hi Peter;
Awesome. Nice to see all the new and familiar names from this latest
release.

> (1) Include this in the NEWS file for each release, and continue adding
> names to the single alphabetical list in the CONTRIBUTORS file.

I'd rather see it this way, which is a bit more informal and in
context. Something along the lines of:

Bob Jones added the FooBar module for parsing the latest NCBI
file format.

or:

Several bug fixes were committed to the PDB module. Thanks to Joe
Smith, Steve P and Jorge Garcia for their patches.

If people contributed to something that didn't make the new cut, then we
could just list additional contributors near the end. The goal should
be to recognize people if they contributed to a release by having
their name somewhere in the release notes. For core contributors like
yourself, you probably don't want your name next to everything so pick a
couple of your favorites for attribution.

Brad