[Biopython-dev] Plans for Biopython 1.53

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 16:24:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> One good reason for doing Biopython 1.53 soon is the
> NCBI said they plan to start using the new Jan 2010 DTD
> files for MedLine/PubMed as early as mid December:
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2009-November/007020.html

I've just checked the PubMed XML from efetch, and the
NCBI are still using the old 2009 DTD file. I guess it is
only midday in the USA, so plenty of time for them to
make the switch on 14 Dec as announced...

Once that happens (hopefully within hours), and I've
checked the Entrez parser is still happy, we can do
the Biopython release.

Until then, only documentation and unit tests fixes
on the trunk please.

Thanks,