[Biopython-dev] Plans for Biopython 1.53

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 15:57:20 UTC 2009

Good news:

I've tweaked the RestrictionCompiler.py code to modify how it generates
Bio/Restriction/Restriction_Dictionary.py in order to build the dictionaries
incrementally. Together with the removal of the C code DNAUtils, this
means (after a clean install) that Jython likes Bio.Restriction and that
test_Restiction.py passes on Jython 2.5.1 (and C Python too).

Bad news:

I think I have broken test_CAPS.py (under both Jython and Python).
It looks like it hits some bits of Bio.Restriction are not covered by
test_Restiction.py

I'm working on it still ...