[Biopython-dev] Biopython git access for Cymon

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 11:34:11 UTC 2009

Dear all,

It is a little overdue, but I'm pleased to announce Cymon Cox
now has write access to the Biopython repository.

Cymon has made contributions to Biopython over many years,
initially with the modules Bio.Nexus and Bio.Sequencing
(together with Frank Kauff), and more recently with
improvements to our BioSQL wrappers (especially on
PostgreSQL) and his recent work on alignment wrappers.

I'd previously talked to Cymon about giving him CVS access,
and he said we might as well wait until after the git transition.
I've just checked in a few patches on his behalf (alignment tool
wrappers), which served to remind me of this - it would have
saved me some work to just say "Yes, please check that in" ;)

On behalf of the Biopython project, welcome (fully) to the
development team Cymon, and thanks again for all your
work to date.

Regards,