[Biopython-dev] Fwd: [Utilities-announce] NCBI E-Utility Policy Change

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 19:34:19 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Attention NCBI Entrez users - the NCBI really do want you to include
your email address, and it will be mandatory in future! See below...

If using Bio.Entrez, the tool parameter will by default be set to
Biopython, but the email is omitted. We already encourage the email
to be included in our documentation but given the new NCBI guidance
I'd suggest we make omitting the email issue a warning in the next
release (and an error in the subsequent release of Biopython?).

Peter