[Biopython-dev] Deprecating Bio.AlignAce and Bio.MEME?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 10:20:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Bartek Wilczynski<barwil at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you think we can officially deprecate Bio.AlignAce and Bio.MEME for
>> the next release (i.e. put this in their docstrings and issue
>> deprecation warnings)?
>
> I think so.  Should I change something in the docstrings?

The start of the module docstring should be a one line description of
the module - just include "(DEPRECATED)" at the end. Then it will
show up nicely in the API docs: http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

If you look at that page you should be able to see entries like this:
* Bio.Fasta: Utilities for working with FASTA-formatted sequences (DEPRECATED)
* Bio.FilteredReader: Code for more fancy file handles (OBSOLETE)