[Biopython-dev] Drafting announcement for Biopython 1.51?

David Winter winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 12 05:47:13 UTC 2009

Peter wrote:
> Hi David & John,
>
> Would either of you be able to draft a release announcement for
> Biopython 1.51? We're aiming for the end of this week... touch wood.

We'll definitely aim to have something for the list to check out in the
next 24hrs. I guess the main points are all the Cool New Stuff from the
beta being in a stable release for the first time, FASTQ has been shown
to play nicely with across a bunch of projects and
Application.generic_run() is now on the deprecation path?

On that note, would it be useful to have a cookbook example or even a
blog-post ready to go showing a few of the ways one might use subprocess
to run commands defined with Biopython? I'm happy to put something
together that others can evaluate.

Cheers,
David