[Biopython-dev] GSoC Weekly Update 12: PhyloXML for Biopython

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:20:57 UTC 2009

Hi Eric;
All sounds great -- looks like you are in good shape for finishing
things up this week. Really great work.

>     - Presumably, any discussion of merging with Biopython will have to wait
>       until after the biopython-1.51 release. I'll be around. For GSoC
>       requirements, I'm planning on just dumping the Bio.Tree and Bio.TreeIO
>       modules along with the unit test suite as standalone files, rather than
>       as a patch set since the last upstream revision I pulled was just a
>       random untagged one around the time of the last beta release.

We were discussing a release at the end of this week or over the
weekend. I think we should roll this in soon after that so anyone
can get it from the main trunk. I don't see any major issues with
integrating it.

How did you like the Git/GitHub experience? One thing we should push
after this release is moving over to that as the official
repository. Since you have been doing full time Git work this
summer, your experience will be really helpful. I still rely on CVS
as a bit of a crutch, but should learn to do things fully in Git.

Brad