[Biopython-dev] [Wg-phyloinformatics] BioGeography update/BioPython tree module discussion

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 20:49:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Nick Matzke<matzke at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi all...updates...

> "done"/submittable shape.  This primarily requires getting the documentation
> and testing up to biopython specs.  I have a fair bit of documentation and
> testing, need advice (see below) for specifics on what it should look like.
>
>> - The test code should move to the 'Tests' directory as a set of
>>  test_Geography* files that we can use for unit testing the code.
>
> OK, I will do this.  Should I try and figure out the unittest stuff?  I
> could use a simple example of what this is supposed to look like.

You can either go for "unittest" based tests (generally better, but more
of a learning curve - but useful for any python project), or our own
Biopython specific "print and compare" tests (basically sample scripts
with their expected output).

Read the tests chapter in the Biopython Tutorial if you haven't already.
(And if you think anything could be clearer, or you spot a typo, let us
know please - feedback would be great).