[Biopython-dev] Rolling new releases

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 15:28:56 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 4/21/09, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
> - Eliminating the beta releases. Biopython is developed as
> stable in Git/CVS, so gets testing that way on developer
> machines. Are we getting enough feedback from betas to make
> them worthwhile?

I agree. A project like Biopython is destined to be in perpetual beta mode anyway. To my mind, Biopython 1.50-beta is as stable as Biopython 1.49 and Biopython 1.51. In addition, will we be able to remember that Biopython 1.50b is the beta release of version 1.50 (or did we have a 1.50, then a 1.50a, and then a 1.50b release?).

--Michiel