[Biopython-dev] CVS freeze for Biopython 1.50

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 12:11:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> This is the CVS freeze email.  I'm going to do the release in the next
> hour or two.

Well, its done.  CVS is tagged, the packages are online, I've updated
the wiki, the epydoc API pages, and the online copy of the tutorial.

You can use CVS again, but just in case there are any surprises in the
next few days which would force a re-release, minor changes only
please.

That just leaves the official announcement on the news page (which
will be echoed onto twitter automatically) and to the mailing lists.
I'll circulate a draft after lunch, unless one of our news coordinator
volunteers wants to write something?  I realize I should have
suggested this earlier as this is short notice, and you are in
different time zones, but its worth a try.

For reference, here is the 1.50 beta announcement,
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2009/04/biopython-150-beta-released/
I can't find anything on
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-announce/ or the main
list, so it looks like I forget that :(  This might explain the
relatively low amount of feedback...

The NEWS and DEPRECATED files are here:
http://biopython.open-bio.org/SRC/biopython/NEWS
http://biopython.open-bio.org/SRC/biopython/DEPRECATED