[Biopython-dev] Merging branches

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:43:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

This might be a lame question but I am completely stuck and don't seem
to understand why.

I am trying to PARTIALLY merge 2 branches: my popgen branch with Giovanni's.
I want to import his changes to Bio/PopGen/Stats , but only that
(nothing on other Bio directories, and, above all not a new test).
This changes are not conflictual, so I have no warning and everything
gets in: If I do a git-merge I get the whole bang.

Is there any way to just get partial merge? In this case I only want
to merge a single sub dir (although, in general one might just want to
import a single file)

Of course I could do 2 checkouts and copy files across, on the local
filesystem, but is that not loosing the history of connections between
the files?

Many thanks,
Tiago
--
 "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the
value of life" - Charles Darwin