[Biopython-dev] Modules to be removed from Biopython

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 12:15:50 UTC 2008

I wrote:
>> Bio.expressions was already deprecated, and seems to be a dependency
>> of the following modules, which I have now explicitly deprecated in CVS:

I plan to remove these four deprecated modules shortly, unless anyone objects:

Bio.expressions (deprecated in Biopython 1.44)
Bio.config (explicitly deprecated in Biopython 1.48)
Bio.dbdefs (explicitly deprecated in Biopython 1.48)
Bio.formatdefs (explicitly deprecated in Biopython 1.48)

At the same time I would remove the associated bit of unused code in
Bio/__init__.py