[Biopython-dev] CVS freeze for Biopython 1.49

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 17:05:46 UTC 2008

> If there are no last minute objections, my plan is to do the Biopython
> 1.49 release this afternoon, hopefully starting after lunch - in about
> one hour's time.
>
> Please **consider CVS frozen from now**.  Hopefully I'll have the
> build done within the next 12 hours, including the Windows installers.

OK, the release is out.  Thanks everyone!  I haven't sat down and
counted, but it feels like there were more people involved and taking
an interest than for Biopython 1.48, which is great.

> Once the release is out, we'll give it a few days just in case there
> are any issues to force a re-release, and then reopen CVS.

The CVS "freeze" is over, but for the next couple of days, please only
commit small bug fixes and documentation improvements.  Baring any
surprises, we can expect to start looking at adding new code mid next
week:

> Tiago has some more PopGen code waiting, and there is also
> GenomeDiagram to look forward too (Bug 2671).

Have a good weekend,

Regards,