[Biopython-dev] Preparing for Biopython 1.49 (beta)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 11:36:50 UTC 2008

Dear all,

The Numeric to numpy migration is done now, and we are also looking
good for python 2.6.

After a little off list discussion, its probably time to prepare the
next release.  However, given the number of changes, and therefore the
higher risk that we've broken something, we'll call this a beta
release.

Are there any bugs or issues people think should block this release?

I would like to check in my initiation/start codon argument patch for
translation (see Bug 2381), but would like a little discussion on this
first (in particular the argument naming).

I'd like to try and do the Biopython 1.49 "beta" release at the end of
this week (with a follow up Biopython 1.49 "final" release say one
week later if needed to deal with any issues from the beta).

If this schedule is realistic, then Tiago should be OK to add his next
set of PopGen code in about two weeks time (for what would become
Biopython 1.50).