[Biopython-dev] Fwd: Abstract

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:38:34 UTC 2008

In order to address this I am thinking in changing the starting
paragraph of the "paper" along the following lines:

In this talk we present the current status of the Biopython project.
We start by giving a short overview of Biopython - presenting existing
functionality - and useful software libraries for computational
biology in the Python development 'ecology' (from plotting libraries
capable of producing publication quality figures to numerical
libraries, among others). We then focus on features developed since
BOSC 2007, future plans for the project and present example usages of
the new population genetics module.

I think changing the abstract along these lines might also be good.

I think I will target most of the presentation to the idea that the
Python ecology of software development is really good (e.g. putting
one slide on matplot lib with code and result, to show how concise and
simple code can produce nice results). "Selling" Biopython in the
whole python context.

--
http://www.tiago.org