[Biopython-dev] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 21:37:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Chris Lasher <chris.lasher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>  > Hi Chris,
>  >
>  >  I haven't heard anything about the CVS to SVN move recently.  Did
>  >  anyone resolve the multiple password prompt niggle?
>
>  That's still unresolved. The workaround is to place an SSH key on
>  dev.open-bio.org. If you do, you'll notice even then it still makes
>  two attempts to log in. /shrugs

If someone's documented this from the previous Bio* migrations, then I
guess we'll live with it.

>  >  On another point, is the test SVN repository intended to be writable
>  >  (for those of us with developer access)?  I really should try running
>  >  some things like "svn diff" and committing sample changes to get a
>  >  feel for how it compares to CVN.
>
>  I have tried committing to it and gotten a "Permission denied" error.
>  It must only be set as read-only for group permissions.

I never did get round to trying myself...

>  Really sorry for my delay on getting to this email. Now that Biopython
>  has had another release, should we really push hard to switch to SVN?

Well, Michiel declared a CVS freeze this morning and is preparing
Biopython 1.45 as we speak.  Once the release is out does sound like a
good time for the SVN move to me.