[Biopython-dev] mentor for google summer of code

Kemal meanerelk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:28:24 UTC 2008

I am a university student interested in adding phyloXML support to BioPython
for the Google Summer of Code. Would any developers be willing to mentor
this project? I have been discussing it with Hilmar Lapp, who is mentoring
similar projects for the Phyloinformatics Summer of Code project at the
National Evolutionary Synthesis Center. There page is at:

https://www.nescent.org/wg_phyloinformatics/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2008

A mentor would would be responsible for monitoring the project's progress
over the summer, and to evaluate the work at the end. Google's guidelines
estimate that this would take about 5 hours/week per student. There is more
information at:

http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html

If anyone is interested, I would love to discuss the details of the
proposal.

Thank you,
Kemal Eren