[Biopython-dev] BLAST XML to HTML

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:21:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Peter <peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>  Is your idea to convert from the XML output of the NCBI BLAST tools
>  into HTML very closely resembling the NCBI's HTML output (perhaps for
>  another program to read as input).  Or do you just want to produce a
>  nice HTML page for a person to read (perhaps resembling the NCBI page
>  in appearance, but not using the same HTML layout)?

The idea is because I always run the BLAST as XML since I parse them
with biopython, but people at lab want to check the HTML version (or I
want to "publish" the result in a public DB accessible via html) and
that makes me re-run the BLAST just for them to see the output.
Sometimes the BLAST are resource demanding (like a 2 week run) and I
would like to avoid re-running the BLAST when I really want is a
format change.

--
Curso Biologia Molecular para programadores: http://tinyurl.com/2vv8w6
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info