[Biopython-dev] deprecation?

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 08:52:16 UTC 2008

Dear Gregorio,

Thanks for letting us know.
Could you show us what exactly you are trying to do in your script?
This function was deprecated because there were several functions in Biopython doing nearly the same thing, and we're trying to converge on one function.
So probably, the best thing would be to avoid using Bio\config\DBRegistry.py.

--Michiel.

Gregorio Fernandez <gregorio at umh.es> wrote: Dear  Sir,
I had this messasge in one of my scripts. Can I have this feature
available?

C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Bio\config\DBRegistry.py:149:
DeprecationWarning:
Concurrent behavior has been deprecated, as this functionality needs
Bio.MultiPr
oc, which itself has been deprecated. If you need the concurrent
behavior, pleas
e let the Biopython developers know by sending an email to
biopython-dev at biopyth
on.org to avoid permanent removal of this feature.
 DeprecationWarning)

Thanks
Gregorio

--
Gregorio J. Fernandez Ballester
Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular
E-mail: gregorio at umh.es
Telf: 966 65 84 41
Fax:  966 65 87 58