[Biopython-dev] Removing obsolete bits of the Tutorial

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 16:01:54 UTC 2008

> I've just got the the "BioRegistry – automatically finding sequence
> sources" section of the tutorial/cookbook, and this either needs major
> updating or removing
> Would anyone object to me removing this section of the
> tutorial/cookbook?
I think it's better to remove it.
Then there is the section on "Parser Design" which focuses on the
scanner/consumer model and lists lots of the events these parsers
(used to) generate.  I don't think any of this is useful, and suspect
that a lot of it is out of date.  Again, should we just remove this
section?
That too. Otherwise, we may inadvertently be causing new
Biopython developers to write their parsers using this out of
date parser design, which as far as I know is not being used
in the major Biopython modules.

--Michiel