[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Bio.CDD, anyone?

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 11:36:43 UTC 2008

As far as I can tell, the test files were created by saving the HTML source code from the CDD web site to a file. As the CDD web site has changed its HTML is the meantime, we cannot reproduce the HTML files used by the Bio.CDD tests.

Unless somebody objects in the next couple of days, I'll add a DeprecationWarning to Bio.CDD.

--Michiel.

Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote: Hi,
Do you know how the test files were created? If there is not an easy
answer then it makes the decision easier.

Anyhow, I  vote to remove this module as, in addition to the things
previously mentioned, it would far better to support interproscan
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/InterProScan/ ) than just a single tool.

Bruce