[Biopython-dev] Bio.Rebase

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 02:34:05 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

As part of bug #2454 on Bugzilla, I am looking at the Bio.Rebase module.
This module parses files (in HTML format) from the Rebase database:
http://rebase.neb.com/rebase/rebase.html

Unfortunately, since this module was written (in 2000) the HTML format used by the Rebase database has changed completely. This module is therefore not able to parse current Rebase HTML files.

Is anybody willing to update Bio.Rebase (either by updating the HTML parser, or preferably by writing a parser for plain-text output from Bio.Rebase)? If not, I think this module should be deprecated.

--Michiel.