[Biopython-dev] Biopython release 1.47

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 00:00:17 UTC 2008

We are pleased to announce the release of Biopython 1.47.

This release includes a new Bio.AlignIO module, updates to Bio.Blast, parsers for NCBI's Entrez E-Utilities, numerous other code improvements and fixes, and an extended and updated documentation. In particular if you use Biopython to access NCBI's E-Utilities, we encourage you to download and install this release to ensure full compliance with NCBI's access rules.

Source distributions and Windows installers are available from the Biopython website at http://biopython.org. My thanks to all code contributers who made this new release possible.

--Michiel on behalf of the Biopython developers