[Biopython-dev] Bio.IntelliGenetics

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 14:15:16 UTC 2008

> On the other hand, some of the sample inputs includes a number of
> lines starting ";; Modified by ..." which would be easy to separate
> (one semi colon versus two semi colons).  These are clearly file-level
> header lines, rather than being part of the first record.

According to the website mentioned in Bio/IntelliGenetics/__init__.py, the file-level comments have two semi colons, as opposed to the sequence-specific comments, which have one semi colon.

http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/help/formats.html

> If you did create an iterator class, would you make the
> header available as a property of the iterator?

I am not sure what you mean by a property of the iterator. I was thinking to simply add a field to the class.

---Michiel.