[Biopython-dev] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Albert Krewinkel krewink at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Wed Feb 13 10:06:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 09:19:27AM +0000, Peter wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 12:58 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Peter wrote:
> >  svn co svn+ssh://username@dev.open-bio.org/home/hartzell/biopython-prototype/biopython/trunk
> >
> > This command worked for me, though for some reason my password
> > is always refused the first time but accepted the second time.
>
> How strange - for me it asked for my password three times (this was
> the issue I had emailed Chris about directly; also establishing that
> yes, the same accounts and passwords were being used as in CVS).  I
> hope they can sort this out...

That's about normal and just the way svn works.  I don't know the
details, but AFAIK svn connects multiple times to the repo: Version
Checking for changes, downloading data, etc. -- every operation needs
a separate authentication.  Quite stupid, in a way.

You might want to generate a public key and add it to the
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file on the server - you won't be asked for a
password any more.

Cheers,
Albert