[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Refactoring motif analysis code

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:07:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
> <dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would just like to tell you that I have tried the TAMO framework you
>> suggested me, and found it very useful.
>
> Yes, I remember, but the problem is with the TAMO license. I think
> that the Motif object might be still
> useful since it is free, allows to read motifs from databases like
> JASPAR to scan sequences  and/or
> compare them with "your" motifs.

Thanks for all these changes.
I remember that I wrote a mail to TAMO's authors when I was using it.
They seemed to be interested in integrating the code with biopython,
so maybe the license issue could be superated.
It's up to you, whether you want to reimplement all the functions they
have or not.

--

My blog on bioinformatics (now in English): http://bioinfoblog.it