[Biopython-dev] Bio.Entrez XML parsing

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:14:20 UTC 2008

Hey all, I don't know if I'm gonna say something really stupid, because
really, I haven't read much of the discussion. From what I read you're
discussing if we can use a parser for the XML given by most entrez methods.
If you want my advice, I'd use libxml2. I'm currently working with
efetch/esearch to get PMIDs and Abstracts and I use XML as my return mode
and libxml2 as my parser. It is quite simple to use and quite faster when
compared to, for example, minidom. If you need some example code, or some
hand in this, I'll be more than glad to lend pieces of my code :)

Best regards!