[Biopython-dev] Output of Biopython tests

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 11 10:31:59 UTC 2007

> Perhaps we should introduce a MissingExternalDependency error instead,
> used for this specific case, and catch that in run_tests.py, while
> treating ImportError as a real error.

OK. I added a MissingExternalDependencyError exception to Bio/__init__.py,
and modified BioSQL, Bio.GFF, and some test scripts accordingly. When
MissingExternalDependencyError occurs in a test, a warning is printed but it
is not counted as a failure.

--Michiel.

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032