[Biopython-dev] uploading coalescent code

Tiago Antao tiagoantao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:30:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am going to start uploading coalescent code (unless somebody disagrees).
A few points about this code:
1. It was already published and has users (google for modeler4simcoal2),
so it should be fairly stable.
2. It has some purpose and hopefully some audience (the code that is in
Bio.PopGen currently is for less important things - is was used by
myself mainly to get acquainted with the developer process).
3. IMPORTANT: There are some text template files. I suppose that there
is no standard way to have datafiles around. I was thinking (actually
somebody suggested on this list) in putting it alongside the code.
Question: Is there any standard way to know where biopython is installed
(so that I can read those datafiles)? We are talking of very small files.

Thanks,
Tiago
tiagoantao at gmail.com
http://tiago.org/ps