[Biopython-dev] Subversion Repository

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 31 09:07:59 UTC 2007

Chris Lasher wrote:
> On 5/19/07, Chris Lasher <chris.lasher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/15/07, Peter <biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Did you get any information from the Open Bioinformatics Foundation guys
>>> about moving from CVS to subversion?
>> I didn't, with regards to public anonymous access to the Subversion
>> repositories. I'm also on impromptu leave until this upcoming Monday,
>> but we'll have this up and running by the end of the month.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I'm obviously missing another target, and BOSC 2007 is fast
> approaching.

Are you going to BOSC 2007 Chris?

 > I'm being held up by 4 files that are in the CVS
> repository that were foolishly committed with carriage returns (i.e.,
> "\r") in the filenames. How that's possible, I have no clue, but I
> need to alter the data in the CVS repository so those filenames are
> correct, or otherwise completely removed, over the entire history of
> those files. Does anyone have any experience with the internals of CVS
> repositories? I definitely do not.

How strange! I have no experience with the internals of CVS so can't
help you there. What are the four offending files? Maybe we could just
purge them for the move to SVN.

Also, I suspect (but have not checked this) that a few of the examples
files in the unit tests have been checked in as binary files rather than
text (due to some odd differences in new lines across platforms). Again,
a CVS expert would probably be able to generate a list of all "binary"
files in the repository fairly easily.