[Biopython-dev] Bugzilla Version Numbers

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon May 14 22:29:05 UTC 2007

Peter wrote:
> Chris Lasher wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anybody active with Biopython have administrative capabilities
>> for the project's Bugzilla tracker? The version numbers are a wee
>> bit out of date.
>
> They are, aren't they!  I asked on the list last month about this,
> and updating the component fields too:
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2007-March/002652.html
>
> As no-one on the list has come forward, I guess one of us should get
> in touch with the relevant Open Bio people, probably by emailing
> "support" at the domain helpdesk.open-bio.org
>
> Who needs/wants bugzilla admin rights?

I've been in touch with Jason Stajich and he has done some magic:
Michiel and I can now creategroups,  editclassifications,
editcomponents, editkeywords. I think that's all we need?

I have initially added 1.42 and 1.43 to the version field for Biopython
in bugzilla.

I would also propose we have a few new components, such as PDB, Nexus
and SeqIO (or perhaps rather than SeqIO something more general like
sequence parsing).