[Biopython-dev] Tutorial documentation for Bio.SeqIO

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 19:47:07 UTC 2007

Peter wrote:
>> ..., I just noticed that the "Orchid Photos" links which Brad
>> Chapman liked so much are dead - looks like www.millicentorchids.com
>> belongs to a domain parking company now.

Unless anyone has a better suggestion, I've gone with the Google Image
and Filkr searches instead...

Ed Schofield wrote:
> Two more points:
>
> - The links to ls_orchid.fasta and ls_orchid.gbk are also dead.

There was a "funny" in the LaTeX code that worked in the PDF output from
pdflatex, but not in the HTML output from Hevea.  I think I have fixed
that in CVS now.

Also I see Michiel has put the example files on the website now, so I
have also updated the link to point there (rather than downloading the
via a ViewCVS checkout).

Ed Schofield wrote:
> - The code example in Section 2.4.1 uses record and seq_record inconsistently.

I think Michiel pointed that out too, and again, I think I have
corrected that in CVS.

Ed Schofield wrote:
> Otherwise, looks good to me!

Lovely.

I'll try and recompile the HTML edition tonight, and fingers crossed we
can get it online for another proof read before the next release.