[Biopython-dev] Subversion Repository

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Sat Mar 10 04:36:07 UTC 2007

Chris Lasher wrote:
> I hope the BioPython developers will consider a move to Subversion
> seriously. If there is support from the devs, but no interest on
> anyone's part to make it happen, given the proper people to contact, I
> will be happy to get this moving as a way of contributing back to the
> BioPython community.

I know very little about CVS and Subversion (which is why I didn't
respond to your original post). But I did notice that a lot of software
projects are using Subversion instead of CVS nowadays, including Python
itself. So I don't have any objections against Biopython moving to
Subversion as well (unfortunately, I cannot be very help here either).

If we are moving to Subversion though, I'd like to ask you not to make
any changes until the next Biopython release comes out, which will be in
about one week from now.

--Michiel.