[Biopython-dev] FDist: more Population Genetics code

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:05:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I had no feedback and it seemed that there was no interest, so I
decided to start a Python Population Genetics project on google, which
is going ahead, but still on alpha stages:
http://code.google.com/p/pypopgen/
I am doing this on a personal basis for now (I did not even announce
it anywhere), and so it is advancing at my personal pace and design
according to me needs
I have used it already (or a tiny part of it) on a published
aplication ( http://popgen.eu/soft/m4s2 ).
I am still willing to integrate this on BioPython, but for that some
interest and feedback would be needed... That would have to happen
somewhat soon as the code will have to be adapted to BioPython
standards and namespace, and when, in a future, there is a lot of code
that will be in practice difficult (and after going public it will be
impossible really).

The "strangest" code that I am doing (and that would need more
discussion) is one to do asyncronous computation (to be easy to use on
multicore computers and grids).

Regards,
Tiago