[Biopython-dev] biopython instructions for Mac OS X

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 27 02:55:50 UTC 2006

Koen van der Drift wrote:
> Thanks, I was able to create an account. However, I just noticed that
> the install instructions are only linked from the wiki page, and are on
> an external HTML document created by Brad Chapman. I will email him and
> ask him to update the instructions.

I'm not sure if Brad is still very actively involved with Biopython
(sorry Brad if this statement is incorrect). But, we can also help you
with fixing the install instructions. The TeX source for this is in CVS;
you can access it here:

http://cvs.biopython.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biopython/Doc/install/?cvsroot=biopython

The simplest thing may be to add your instructions to the .tex file,
send me (not the mailing list) the result, and then I'll upload the new
tex, pdf, html to CVS and the website.

It makes sense though for these installations instructions to be part of
the wiki. So:

Who prefers the current tex/pdf/html form to having a wiki for the
installation instructions?

--Michiel.