[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Problems with Win Release for Python 2.5: Numeric, KDTree

Peter (BioPython Dev) biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 13:24:35 UTC 2006

Hendrik Weisser wrote:
> The main question for me is whether these issues (the 2nd, mostly) can be
> adressed quickly, or whether it is recommended to use the "old" Python 2.4
> and corresponding packages for the time being. Can anyone help me with that?

Yes - assuming you don't have all the compilers and stuff to compile
your own libraries (and therefore need to use the Windows installers),
using Windows with Python 2.4 and Numeric 24.2 with BioPython 1.42
should be fine.

Personally I use Python 2.4 on Linux (as shipped with the distribution)
and Python 2.3 on my Windows machine.

Both work fine with BioPython and Numeric - although I have not used
Bio.PDB very much.