[Biopython-dev] biopython website has moved to its new home

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Mar 22 19:47:05 UTC 2006

I still can't believe I tried this, even harder to believe it
actually worked ...

Your python Quixote based website has been moved to its new server
home and IP address. While DNS for biopython.org is still updating
you can confirm the new site is online by surfing over to http://
testsite.biopython.org

Considering I don't know python, have never used quixote and did not
realize until far into the migration project that many critical bits
of python required for the website to render under the application
server are actually part of your biopython CVS repository it is a
miracle that this worked at all. heh.

Anyway, you guys were the last major website needing to be moved (in
addition to bugzilla.open-bio.org which also moved today).

This means that you are continuing to use the "old" site -- you can
use this as long as you like. Your new wiki based site at
biopython.open-bio.org is still available and if you chose to migrate
into that new setup just let me know (or support at open-bio.org) when
you want the switchover to occur.

Please keep an eye on biopython.org for me, especially after it
starts returning 207.154.17.70 as the resolved IP address. Let me
know if there are any issues

Regards,
Chris