[Biopython-dev] NCBI-XML blast parser

david coornaert dcoorna at dbm.ulb.ac.be
Mon Jun 26 10:57:25 UTC 2006

I'm currently using this bio-python ncbiXML blast output parser

>From the cvs I fetched I see some comments about useless nature of
 Hsp_query_to
and Hsp_hit_to

Well, I need those, and can't for sure calculate it simply from
hsp_align_len (which is not included either)
because I should I manage the max len of query, hit and align string)
then take care of the strand to know wether to increase or decrease,

So I've worked out a parrallel copy of the parser,
but I'd like to know  why are these considered useless  ?
Should I commit these harmless changes ? (hence cvs access)

???

David Coornaert [PhD]   (dcoorna at dbm.ulb.ac.be)

Belgian Embnet Node (http://www.be.embnet.org)
Université Libre de Bruxelles

Laboratoire de Bioinformatique
12, Rue des Professeurs Jeener & Brachet
6041  Gosselies
BELGIQUE

Tél:  +3226509975
Fax:  +3226509998