[Biopython-dev] GenePop parser code

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 12:04:04 UTC 2006

Hi!

I have finalized converting my code to parse GenePop(*) files into
BioPython. I would like to know if there would be interest in adding
it to BioPython?
After reading the instructions, I suppose, as this is not strictly a
patch, that it makes no sense to submit it through Bugzilla? More, as
this is my first contribution to BioPython, I would bet its full of
small problems typical from a newbie...

I also have test code, but its still in my own ad-hoc format (I will
convert it to the BioPython standard in case it gets accepted).

I have truckloads more of Population Genetics code that I would be
willing to convert to Biopython (more or less things along the lines
of BioPerls's Bio::PopGen). I decided to start with a small/simple
thing to see how it goes...

Is there any interest? If so, how do I submit this?

(*)GenePop: http://wbiomed.curtin.edu.au/genepop/

--
The right to offend is far more important than the right not to be
offended - Rowan Atkinson