[Biopython-dev] Biopython release 1.41

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Fri Oct 28 20:14:54 EDT 2005

Dear biopythoneers,

We are pleased to announce the release of Biopython 1.41. Many improvements
were made in Biopython during the eight months since the previous release,
and the new release contains lots of bugfixes, improvements, new
functionalities, and better documentation. To pick a few, there's the new
Bio.MEME module by Jason Hackney, updates to the Blast parser using Bertrand
Frottier's NCBIXML code, a BLAT parser by Yair Benita, numerous updates in
Bio.PDB, CompareACE support in AlignAce, and improved user-friendliness in
Bio.Seq.

Lots of people of contributed to this release, in particular Frank Kauff
(Bio.Nexus), Jason Hackney (Bio.MEME), Thomas Hamelryck (Bio.PDB), Frédéric
Sohm (Bio.Restriction), James Casbon (Bio.SCOP) for bug fixes and updates,
Peter (Bio.Blast.NCBIXML test cases), and of course Jeff Chang, Brad Chapman,
Andrew Dalke, and Iddo Friedman for Biopython and the fool-proof instructions
on how to roll a release, which made this a lot easier than I anticipated. My
apologies if I forgot to thank somebody.

--Michiel

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032