[Biopython-dev] Re: [BioPython] Removing spam from the biopython-dev archives

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Mar 8 23:53:02 EST 2005

> The bad news is that when the biopython-dev archive was replaced on the
> biopython.org webserver, the source file for the biopython archive was
> accidentally overwritten. The biopython archive is still there, but the
> source file from which the archives are generated is not. There is a
> backup file until about March 2004, but for messages between March 2004
> and early March 2005 we no longer have the source file. If you happen to
> have a copy of these messages, please let us know.

Bartek Wilczynski sent me his copy of the Biopython messages since mid
August 2004, which allowed me to recover all messages since then except
for one message in September. From March 2004 to mid August 2004, there
is still a gap. So if you have saved some of those messages, please let
me know.
Note that Netscape and Mozilla don't actually delete a message from the
source file until you compact the mail folders. So if you delete
biopython messages but don't compact the mail folders, you probably
still have those messages even if they don't show up in Netscape.

--Michiel