[Biopython-dev] Can we turn off the spam filter?

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 06:51:02 EST 2005

Jonathan Taylor wrote:
> I had a terrible time trying to post a patch.  I think it would not
> accept anything with an attachment.
>
> In any case if the list is members only then do we really need a spam
> filter?

Its not just you it doesn't like, my message (sent 28 Jan 2004) with
a Python script (plain text with a .py extension) was also held for
moderator approval because:

"Message has a suspicious header"

(I cancelled it and sent the script in the body rather than as an
attachment)

Perhaps as a compromise, we should allow a few "harmless" attachment
types like .txt, .py and .diff (and continue to block things like
.exe and other windows executables).