[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.40 beta pre-release

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Sat Feb 19 01:41:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

OK, it's out. Thank you for all your work on this, and making this
release happen. Great job!

I think this release should be a beta, as we know there is stuff to fix,
and it is not yet production quality. Compass, Registry, NCBIWWW need some
improvement.

What I would like you all to do if you have time over the weekend is check
this release for fatal problems. You can download it from the downloads
page on the biopython.org website.

Also, I would like to have the list of major corrections, and especially
of new modules inserted since Biopython 1.30. Michiel and Thomas already
gave me. Sifting through a cvs lo file is a bit tiresome.

I will wait with the official announcement until Monday.

Thanks again,

Iddo

--
Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.
The Burnham Institute
Automated Protein Function Prediction Meeting, June 24, 2005
http://ffas.burnham.org/AFP