[Biopython-dev] Bio.CAPS module submission

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 14 19:23:55 EST 2005

I have been doing a fair amount of work using CAPS markers for
genotyping.  A CAPS marker is essentially a pair (snp, enzyme) where the
snp is the location in a set of sequences (an alignment) in which a
polymorphism causes an enzyme to cut differentially.

I'm interested in contributing a module that does most of the work for
me.  I am willing to maintain it and provide documentation.  It already
has a few unittest test cases.

The module's main function is in the CAPS.CAPSMap class.  This class
takes a Bio.Align.Alignment object and uses the Bio.Restriction package
to find all the (possible) CAPS markers within the alignment and to
provide information to build caps marker based programs.

The module is at:
http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca/~jtaylor/CAPS/

Regards,
Jonathan Taylor.
University of Toronto Botany Department.