[Biopython-dev] Getting ready for a release, II

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Feb 14 01:00:52 EST 2005

Hi Iddo,

Thank you for getting the new release together. Below is a summary of my updates
since 2004.08.14. I am trying to handle recently sent in bug reports and patches
as much as possible before the release, so there may be some small additions to
this list.

--Michiel.

----------------------------
date: 2004/08/14 08:22:18;
Added the functions 'complement' and 'reverse_complement' to Bio.Seq's Seq and
MutableSeq objects. Similar functions previous existed in various locations in
BioPython:
- forward_complement, reverse_complement in Bio.GFF.easy
- complement, antiparallel in Bio.SeqUtils
These functions have now been deprecated, and will generate a DeprecationWarning
when used.
The functions complement and reverse_complement, when applied to a Seq object,
will return a new Seq object. The same function applied to a MutableSeq object
will modify the MutableSeq object itself, and don't return anything.

----------------------------
date: 2004/08/26 13:22:58;
Bug fix and enhancement from Fred Sohm:
Added a method __maketrans in Seq
in Seq.complement() and Seq.reverse_complement() replaced seq.alphabet by
self.alphabet.
Added support for lower case DNA in Seq.complement() and
Seq.reverse_complement. Same thing in MutableSeq.complement()

----------------------------
date: 2005/02/11 08:08:30;
The CEL file parser in Bio/Affy/celmodule.cc was replaced by a scanner/consumer
in CelFile.py, using Biopython's parser framework. Compilation of the C++
extension celmodule.cc caused problems on some platforms in the past.
----------------------------

----------------------------
date: 2005/01/21 09:01:08;
Removed two lines in setup.py that were causing problems when compiling the C++
extensions under Python 2.3. Compilation of KDTree is now switched off by
default because of recurring C++ compilation problems.

date: 2004/05/08 06:32:51;
Created Bio.Statistics and added lowess.py as its first file.

date: 2004/06/09 15:22:14;
C Clustering Library version 1.27. Clean return from treecluster if insufficient
memory was available to complete the calculation. Code cleanup.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science