[Biopython-dev] Rethinking Seq objects

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Apr 29 01:05:14 EDT 2005

Frédéric Sohm wrote:
> 1) get rid of MutableSeq and make all Seq mutable.
> Will it not be a problem for some people there? I mean I only use MutableSeq so
> noproblem there for me but I assume that someone uses non-mutable Seq or is it a
> feature which is not needed?

As far as I can tell, the only way in which a mutable Seq may affect a user is
in terms of performance, as Michael pointed out. But anyway, as soon as we reach
some conclusion on Seq/MutableSeq on biopython-dev, I'll send a message to the
biopython mailing list to see if any of the users will get into problems because
of this. Also, I expect that MutableSeq will be around for some time as a
deprecated class.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science