[Biopython-dev] Biopython-1.30.win32-py2.3 executable

Michael Maibaum mike at maibaum.org
Sun Nov 28 16:02:07 EST 2004

On Nov 26, 2004, at 16:39, James Casbon wrote:

>> Are there any web masters reading this list?  This has been mentioned
>> before:
>>
>> http://www.biopython.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2004-November/
>> 002711.html
>
> Pretty much everyting I've posted to this list gets ignored.

Yep, same here - I posted code for parsing a file format but got no
feedback - not even a "no thanks, you suck".

partly the complete bias on this list to spam over useful content is
part of it... Why isn't this list subscriber only. I can (just about)
understand the users list being open, but the people posting to dev are
motivated enough to subscribe. Also, the users list is swamped with
spam to the point I question it's usefulness.

Michael
--
Michael Maibaum
internet: mike at maibaum.org    |    http://mike.maibaum.org